NJWEA has a scholarship/Award program for students pursuing a career in environmental studies.
NEW JERSEY WATER ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATION: Raymond Manganelli Scholarship Awards Program
The New Jersey Water Environment Association (NJWEA) is pleased to announce the continuation of its Scholarship Awards Program, named in honor of Dr. Raymond Manganelli, Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science at Rutgers University, and former Chair of the Association's Student Programs and Scholarship Awards Committees. Twenty Three scholarship awards are now available each year, each from $2,000 to $2500 and totaling over $43,500 annually.
These awards are intended for both graduate and undergraduate students, including those attending county colleges, as follows:
Click here for Scholarship Discription Brochure
Click here for Scholarship application
DR. JOSEPH J. SOPOROWSKI, JR. SCHOLARSHIP AWARD $2500
1. New Jersey High School senior who has successfully passed or is currently enrolled in a College Board approved High School Advanced Placement Environmental Science course.
2. Has been accepted as an undergraduate to an accredited New Jersey environmental or engineering institute of higher learning.
3. Has developed and presented in the classroom a student driven project in the field of wastewater treatment.
4. Has shown interest in the field of water and wastewater treatment by attending one or more professional seminars or conferences.
5. Must provide a letter of recommendation from the teacher of the College Board approved High School Advanced Placement Course completed or enrolled in.
6. Provide a scholastic transcript.
7. Can demonstrate financial need
The Joseph F. Bonaccorso Scholarship Award - $2,500.00
The award is intended to support the effort of a qualified student to become a teacher of the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or Environmental Studies). Individuals may be matriculated undergraduate or graduate students preparing to become science teachers in elementary, junior high or high schools or qualified degreed persons pursuing teaching certification via “Alternate Route” processes.
For more infomation ...
A new award given by the NJWEA North Section
To support students who have demonstrated an interest in the NJWEA and the advancement of the environmental profession.
Up to Three (3) Section Legacy Scholarships in the amount of $1,500 will be awarded at the Annual NJWEA North Section Dinner Dance.
See also Information regarding the David N. Baker Scholarship in the NJWEA Scholarship Booklet
Go to Award Committee Home Page